A happy belly makes for a happy person. In yoga, we obsess over good digestion (and elimination:-) because a healthy digestive system in indicative of a healthy body and balanced mind. But, we all have days that we overeat or somethings just isn’t quite right. This practice will help you make your belly happy again!
Yoga Practice for a Happy Belly:
Notes for a Happy Belly:
- This practice will not help if things are already moving through too quickly, seek an alternative!
- My favorite pranayama to help the belly is Dirgha Pranayama. It is especially helpful if you start it slow and continue it through your entire practice. You will find yourself breathing deeper by the end, when you are once again connected with a happy belly.
- You may also find this practice helpful for menstrual cramps. 🙂
- If an unhappy belly is a chronic event for you, you may wish to try a mindful eating practice.
- Sometimes an unhappy belly is a sign of a larger problem. This post is not a substitute in any way for seeing your doctor.