The Single Leg Flip is FUN. I have clients that say “do it again, do it again” because it is so much fun.
It is a rare thing in life for an adult to get moved around with little to no effort on their part just as they were tossed around as a small child. We forget how nice it can be to just go limp and allow someone else to do all the work. This flip requires relaxation on the receiver’s part and they are rewarded with an easy movement turning them from belly-down to face-up – Whee!
How to do the Single Leg Flip:
- First, have your partner lie on their belly.
- Bring your partner’s arms up by their ears and ask them to turn their head away from the direction you plan to flip them.
- Move to stand near their feet and move their inside leg (the leg on the side you plan to flip them toward) closer to the outside leg.
- Lift the foot of the outside leg, bending the knee.
- Lifting the foot, pull the leg toward straight as you walk in the direction you plan to flip your partner. This will lift the hip.
- The leg is your lever to flip the hips, which, in turn, flips the rest of the body. Step across your partner’s inside leg to begin to turn the hips.
- Lean back and to the side as you pull your partner’s leg. This will flip the hips all the way over.
- Now your partner should be face up on the mat and you can gently lay their leg down. Nicely done!
Benefits: Super fun transition!
Cautions: Be cautious and recognize that this move may not be appropriate for some hip issues and inflexible shoulders.
|Thai tutorials are published each Tuesday. To receive these posts in a monthly digest email, including exclusive tips, stories, and workshop details, please subscribe to our Thai Updates Newsletter. To learn in person, check out my schedule for upcoming workshops and certification trainings near and far.|
|Join me to learn Thai Yoga Massage in Belize! December 2016 in the beautiful Maya Mountains – certification training, yoga, excursions, fab food and great new friends! Pricing starting at just $1795. Visit belizeyoga.com for registration and more information.|