Thai Yoga Massage is the ultimate multi-tasking massage technique. This Hip Swirl gives a gentle massage for the belly while opening the hips and soothing the back. Note that the giver also receives a belly massage here – it’s a win-win situation! Just don’t try it on a full belly 😉
How to do the Thai Yoga Massage Hip Swirl:
- With your partner lying on their back, stand at their feet, facing their head.
- Lift your partner’s legs, walk in close and bend their knees toward their chest.
- Kneel close in and place their feet on your belly.
- Wrap your arms/hands around their knees.
- Swirl your body from the hips to take their legs in a circle.
- Be sure to do both directions.
Benefits: Hip and low back release, softens the belly.
Cautions: Do not do this on a full stomach (giver or receiver).
|Thai tutorials are published each Tuesday. To receive these posts in a monthly digest email, including exclusive tips, stories, and workshop details, please subscribe to our Thai Updates Newsletter. To learn in person, check out my schedule for upcoming workshops and certification trainings near and far.|
|Join me to learn Thai Yoga Massage in Belize! December 2016 in the beautiful Maya Mountains – certification training, yoga, excursions, fab food and great new friends! Pricing starting at just $1795. Visit belizeyoga.com for registration and more information.|