Do you need a Quad Squeeze? We all have those days when our quads are sooo tight… whether it’s from too many squats or from sitting through that last Netflix binge! This Thai Yoga Massage pose will return circulation to your legs and ease the discomfort – ah:-).
How to do the Quad Squeeze:
- From Knee to Chest, hold the knee with both hands as you back up and sit down on your heels.
- Place the foot on the floor between your knees and squeeze gently to hold it in place. This keeps the leg secure.
- Interlace your fingers and use the heels of your hands to squeeze the quads from the hip crease to the knee.
- Pull your elbows in to help create the squeeze and lean back to stretch their hip as you squeeze.
- Lean forward, release, move your hand a little higher. Repeat.Benefits: compression massage to the quads, rocking in the hip to loosen hip and low back while soothing nervous system.Cautions: Soreness, be gentler.
|Thai tutorials are published each Tuesday. To receive these posts in a monthly digest email, including exclusive tips, stories, and workshop details, please subscribe to our Thai Updates Newsletter. To learn in person, check out my schedule for upcoming workshops and certification trainings near and far.|
|Join me to learn Thai Yoga Massage in Belize! December 2016 in the beautiful Maya Mountains – certification training, yoga, excursions, fab food and great new friends! Pricing starting at just $1795. Visit belizeyoga.com for registration and more information.|