Can’t handle sitting still, but know that meditation would be good for you? Maybe moving meditations would be more your style. Check out the video below based on our first class from this summer’s Moving Meditation Class Series and see how it works for you! After all, meditation is scientifically proven to be good for you 🙂
Don’t Just Sit There, Try a Moving Meditation Practice!
- Yoga Asana to Assist Your Meditation ... — During hectic times (like the holidays), it can be challenging to calm the mind. Meditation can help. ALOT. But, when the mind is busiest can also be when meditating is the most challenging. Yoga asana/postures are great for helping to prepare yourself for meditation. When your mind is whirling, you often aren’t connected to your body. [...]
- Dynamic Meditation to Improve Your Fo... — Hard to sit still for meditation? This moving meditation may be helpful. It’s a nice intro to seated meditation if you tend to be a fidgeter. 🙂 As you move your hands in a prescribed rhythm, your mind must focus on what you are doing. Let your attention waiver and you may find you have [...]
- Happy Hands Yoga Practice — Tingling fingers, achy joints, funky wrists – this yoga practice for happy hands will help! Happy Hands Yoga Practice Hand Clenching: Bring your arms straight in front of you at shoulder height. Palms facing each other. Close your hands into fists with the thumbs inside, then open your hands, spreading the fingers wide. 10x. Wrist [...]
- Breathe Deep with the Dirgha Pranayam... — We breathe all the time. But we don’t always do it consciously, we just kinda let it do its thing in the background while we go about our lives. This intrinsic thing that we cannot live without and we barely give it a thought. Amazing how our bodies work. If you do take time to [...]
- Yoga Flow: Short and Sweet for Busy D... — A little yoga flow can be a great way to keep your practice up when you feel like you don’t have much time – just a reminder that you matter, that you can inhabit your body, that things are right in the world overall… A home yoga practice can be a difficult thing to start, [...]